POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Object rotation to surface normal : Object rotation to surface normal Server Time
3 Aug 2024 04:17:54 EDT (-0400)
  Object rotation to surface normal
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 11 May 2004 08:31:45
Message: <40a0c7b1$1@news.povray.org>
I know this is a stupid question, but I just cannot solve it.
I want to place objects on a surface (heightfield or isosurface) with the
trace() function, but also rotate them parallel to the normal of the found
point on the surface. How do I do that? I know it is possible, but I am
unable to find the answer in the help documents.

Thanks for decreasing my stupidity!  ;-))

Thomas